Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The broken window

Playing with some scraps I have created this crazy piece.
It has been laying among many orphan blocks till last week.
In my country we have an exhibition  content and I want to create a modern quilt to participate in.
The jury is very famous Fiber artist Caron Ann Waugh   and Madame Samm from Sew we quilt.
As a winner ofthe last contest - mini quilt Eco Patchwork I have to made something real stunning.
A very interesting idea came into my head.
I intend using this crazy piece as a corner or centre and adding more pieces to have an illusion of a broken window.
I love creating buildings and windows. Probably because I like interior design too much.
Piecing, adding, sewing, ironing, wandering and again.
I have use my new design wall. It is great to have one. Don't know why I haven't use till now.
Love the final result too much and took a picture in front of my window.

theBrokenWindow


The quilting turned out easier then I expect.
When quilted previous mini wall hanging I discovered that tiny pieces look better without quilting.
I mean smaller than one inch. Some of them are half inch in fact.


And leave the central part as it is.
Round it I stitch straight lines with walking foot and at upper site I have made an arc.
In binding added color stripes accent and here it is.


TheBrokenWindow

Waiting for the contest crossing finger!

No comments:

Post a Comment